Location: Home based and ideally located along the M3/M4 corridor, with travel to our office in Sevenoaks once a month.
Densitron develops display and embedded board solutions tailored to the specific visual needs of customers around the world. We take a consultative approach to design, partner with our customers to understand their specific requirements and create innovative solutions.
With around 65 staff and offices in Asia, Europe and North America and experienced application engineers based worldwide, our global approach to innovation is always underpinned by a thorough local knowledge and understanding of cultural requirements.
Densitron is part of the Quixant Group, which is headquartered in Cambridge and is listed on the London Stock Exchange AIM market (AIM:QXT).
Purpose of the post
We are seeking a Field Sales Engineer to develop our growing UK market presence with a range of embedded electronics solutions that complement our industrial display product offering. Talking to engineers and buyers of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) this is a role that has a unique mix of technical solution sell approach and frontline business development.
Applications are welcome from candidates with at least three years’ experience in display technology or embedded electronics. This position is also open to internal sales engineers looking for a step into field sales. The role covers the UK, with majority of work located in the southern part, and reports to the UK Managing Director.
• Achieve sales target across the portfolio of products and systems
• Develop new customers and manage accounts in line with sales targets
• Generate, track and close design-ins for new and existing business opportunities
• Follow up leads and gain an understanding of the customer’s requirements, actively visit them to provide a solution to match their requirements
• Accurately forecast the opportunities pipeline and report it to UK MD on a regular basis
• Visit clients and prospects within the UK South
• Provide feedback on market and product trend and competitors
• Interface business activity with project and internal sale teams to ensure effective communication at all times, thus maximising all business opportunities
• Work closely with product and marketing teams and keep up to date with all new products and developments within Densitron
• Ensure professional data management in Salesforce.com and SAPmarketing admin duties.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Proven experience in display technology or embedded electronics
• A background of selling technical products with ability to quickly absorb and interpret new/complex information is highly desirable
• Commercial understanding, with an ability to negotiate and manage customer expectations effectively
• Highly organised and able to manage time and priorities workload effectively
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Experience of delivering to deadlines
• Experience of working with customers based in UK is essential, Europe and Far East would be desirable
• Dutch, French, or German language skill would be an advantage
• Strong IT literacy: Windows, MS Office, CRM Tools, SAP
• Full driving licence, no convictions
• Bachelor’s Degree in General Electronic Engineer, 2:2 or higher (qualification to be certified by the IEE)
• Or proven experience in successful key account sales in the embedded or displays market
• Knowledge on marketing and sales instruments and index like SPIN, SWOT, ROI
• Competitive salary.and OTE comission
• Pension scheme
• Car allowance
To apply, email your CV and a covering letter to Liz Clarke, Group HR manager at HR@densitron.com
Company Information: Quixant Group designs and manufactures complete advanced hardware, software and display solutions for a variety of industrial markets. We strive to offer a dynamic, friendly, merit driven company culture and prides itself in providing exceptionally high-quality products, a strong heritage in customer service and support and offering employees a friendly, exciting environment to work in. The Gaming Division is a business highly focused on designing and manufacturing computer gaming platforms and monitors for the pay-to-play gaming and slot machine industry. Quixant’s solutions are supplied to manufacturers of gaming and slot machines and provide the platform upon which their games operate. The Densitron Division develops display and embedded board solutions tailored to the specific needs of a wide variety of industrial markets. We take a consultative approach to design, partner with our customers to understand their specific requirements and create innovative solutions. With around 200 staff and offices throughout Asia, Europe and North America and experienced application engineers based worldwide, our global approach to innovation is always underpinned by a thorough local knowledge and understanding of cultural requirements. The Group is headquartered in Cambridge and is listed on the London Stock Exchange AIM market (AIM:QXT).
Note: Quixant is an equal opportunities employer.
We continually invest
in R&D and staff to
deliver unrivalled service
Our technical support
prototyping and production
We have over 43 years
experience as a creator
of display technology
We partner with customers in
a full-service approach from
concept to end product