Densitron are looking for an experienced Mechanical engineer to join our Advanced Engineering. The primary function is to create robust machine design concepts and detailed drawing packages for custom designed projects and support the entire design and build cycle.
- Use mechanical design software to create complete mechanical design concepts for robust and low-risk machine designs that will complete the project scope within the budget and schedule parameters defined by the project scope documents.
- Identify areas of risk and work quickly to prototype and mitigate risk.
- Know and understand the project scope, specifications, and any regulatory requirements that are applicable to the machine being developed.
- Complete mechanical design analysis as required to ensure the machine design will meet all project requirements.
- Attend meetings, including project status and review meetings, checkout meetings, and acceptance meetings. This includes leading all internal and design review meetings for the project.
- Create complete, organized, detailed print packages and coordinate and conduct release to fabrication meetings.
- Work with component suppliers to specify and acquire quotes for machine commercial components that are needed for the machine design.
- Keep the project manager abreast of all out-of-scope work through thorough execution of Engineering Change Orders (ECO).
- Support the fabrication, assembly and debug processes for the project as required. Lead the mechanical debug activities to ensure the machine assembly and debug phases of the project are completed on schedule.
- Know, understand, and execute all company standard operating procedures related to the machine design and build process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited institution
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to conceptualize and create mechanical designs
- Proficiency in using Solid works modeling 3D CAD design software
- Prior experience with tooling and delivering products into production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with specific ability to write at a professional and technical level
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong communication skills