Field Application Engineering Manager - EMEA
Crawley, UK (Hybrid)
You are the first contact point to our sales and customer. You will be key part for the success of support for all existing EMEA customers in 1.0 and 2.0 – standard and custom projects. And for the successful winning of new business in 1.0 and 2.0 standard and custom to deliver rapid growth of the EMEA business. In order to do this you will need to work across the globe of Densitron teams in complex cultural and matrix environments to ensure customers want to choose us for new business and existing customers never leave. This involves extensive travel, facing and inspiring internal stakeholders and training.
As an international company, we operate across many sectors, but with a current focus on the Broadcast and Medical sectors.
In Europe, we have a strong foundation of brand name customers in the Industrial, Test & Measurement, Transportation and Medical spaces. We are currently developing new business opportunities in conventional broadcast applications such as Studios, TV, Radio and House of Worship applications for Human Machine Interface (HMI) solutions. Your role will have links to the global teams for the successful growth support of Densitron group customers across Europe.
- Project management
- RFQ submission and selection of suppliers; negotiating prices where necessary
- Monitor and validate project milestones i.e. quote, specification, sample, MP
- Proactively anticipate MP issues, implementing timely resolutions to minimize disruptions, including materials shortage and EOL.
- Technical support
- Providing high level support to clients, supporting them with product queries
- Supporting the sales team, updating them on customers developments.
- Creation and continuous improvement of demo and testing systems
- Training and supporting sales team on all our product range (excluding 3.0).
- Ensure product specifications are up to date and so the engineering database.
- Attend sales visits and understand customers technical requirements.
- Quality assurance
- Support our quality and operation team when required on RMA process.
- Liaise with Taiwan quality team on all RMA’s and follow the process
- Provide end-to-end product life management
- Ensure all environmental and other compliances are met, including REACH, RoHS, UL, Conflict Free Mineral etc
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical qualifications (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of Human-Machine Interface (HMI) and related hardware (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of development and implementation of BIOS/firmware, and application software integration
- Knowledge and experience of development and implementation of embedded system design using x86 and ARM architectures, and related operating systems Linux, Windows 10, Android, etc.
- Embrace a customer-centric mindset and be comfortable in an outward-facing role
- Maintain knowledge on industry trends and resolve design issues
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience with MS 365, MS Project and project management tools is an advantage
- Second European language speaking/writing is an advantage