USA East Coast (New York area) - Homebased
We have an excellent opportunity for a Field Applications Engineer (FAE) to support our growing global presence of our innovative dynamic display and control solutions primarily targeted to broadcast markets. This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive and innovative global technology company.
We are looking for someone who wants to continue their journey in technology solutions and has the initiative and drive to make the role their own. This role is primarily to assist the Intelligent Display System (IDS) Technology Solutions team with both pre-and post-sales support. This includes working with customers and IDS production and development teams, developing solutions to meet customer expectations, preparing systems for delivery to site, completing site installation and configuration in accordance with the terms of the contract of sale and providing customer facing client pre-and post-sales support services.
This role will involve a keen eye for detail and the ability to interpret client requirements to enable the sale and management of the process. Densitron 3.0 IDS is a widely adopted eco-system of software and hardware designed for the broadcast industry but now used by other technology companies in many markets across the globe.
- Working closely with other members of the commissioning, support, and sales team to always deliver a high quality of service.
- Working with the software development team to further understand and grow the product to deliver live feedback
- Helping in the design of custom-made solutions
- Configuration of IDS solution products
- Site test & commissioning of system solutions involving interfacing with client’s IT infrastructure – Globally
- Telephone support, out of hours’ telephone & remote access support utilising the IDS helpdesk software.
- This role supports multiple National/Global clients on different time zones so there is a strong expectation to work unsociable hours
- Assisting with establishing new and maintaining existing, relationships with customers
- Travelling to visit potential clients when required to do so – we have National and Global sites so National and International travel would be expected
- Offering after-sales support services, including training and demonstrations of new features
- Co-ordinating and actively work on assigned commissioning projects
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education (as required)
Skills and Experience:
- A keen interest in supporting technical solutions with the ability to quickly absorb and interpret new/complex information an advantage
- A keen interest in electrical engineering, digital logic and understanding of logic flow an advantage but not essential as this will be taught
- An interest or background in software solution configuration and support an advantage
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a business and maintain high levels of customer service at all times
- Strong creative understanding with the ability to proactively build designs and user interfaces an advantage
- IT Knowledge and interest in computing an advantage
- Strong communication and organised working methods
- Strong IT literacy: Windows, MS Office, CRM Tools, SAP
Qualifications and Experience:
- Interest and desire to work in technical solution support and configuration
- Experience or qualification in a relevant media technology or audio-visual discipline an advantage
- Interest in graphical design in disciplines such as Adobe an advantage
- Clean driving licence and access to a vehicle an advantage
- Valid passport to enable international travel